How to choose Ethnic Wear for Teen Girls? Tips and Guidelines
Most of the latest western fashion trends suit specific body types. For example, skinny jeans on pear-shaped women will look odd. But the great thing about the ethnic wear - there are styles that suit all body types. If you need volume or want to look slim, all you have to do is pick the right ethnic wear according to your body. However, to decide between the various cuts and styles available today it can get confusing. Here are a few tips to keep in mind while shopping for ethnic clothing for teenagers-
1) Choose the right style - There are a number of styles available these days such as
A-shaped suits, asymmetrical, long kurtas, etc. Choose the right style that would suit your body type. What is trending might not look good on you. So, think about what will good on you.
2) Length of the sleeves - While long sleeves are trending, you must give special amount of attention to the length of the sleeves. NEVER go in for sleeveless kurta if your arms are heavy. Opt for full length sleeves it would make those flabby arms look a bit toned. But if you thin arms, try different designs on your sleeves like frilled sleeves. Choose sleeves as per her figure.
3) Choose the right fabric - Lighter fabrics would help you look slimmer. Try to avoid net and tissue if you have a heavy body frame. If you are thin, avoid fabrics like chiffon and cotton for they stick to your body and make you look slimmer and that doesn’t look flattering. If you are purchasing it for your daughter, the same tips you should remember and choose the fabric as per het body and shape.
4) Choose a Versatile Piece - The height of teens grows faster than any other age group. If you are purchasing an ethnic wear which is for special occasion only, better you purchase something versatile. For example: You can purchase Long Gown if she likes. Later on, she can wear it like an Anarkali Dress as well with matching churidar.
5) Colors and Embroidery: Bright colors look better on Teenagers as per their age group. Avoid pastel colors for teenagers. You should also avoid White Color dresses for teenagers. Teens are always playful and casual when it comes to preventing dress from getting stains from food items. Also, heavy embroidery dresses look too heavy and give mature look. Instead of that; you can go for Gota Patti, Laces and Stone work.
Keep these three tips in mind while shopping for ethnic wear for teenage girls! We hope these will help your girls look fabulous!